I think that Lisa Larter is one of the most knowledgeable and savvy social media experts in the market place. She is someone to know and to learn from for all entrepreneurs and business owners. Really liked her no no-non-sense approach to setting clear and effective business goals for yourself in the new year….
Thank you Lisa!
Do you want next year to bring your increased sales, connections, fulfillment and success?
Ten Ways you Can Create Massive Success Next Year:
1. Get clear about what it is you really want to accomplish in the upcoming year. This means sit quietly, alone and think. Listen to your heart, your intuition and your gut and gain clarity. That is the first step, and the one that most people miss.
2. Make a list of all the goals and objectives you want to meet in your personal and professional life. Remember, goals and objectives should be answerable with a simple yes or no. You either met them or you did not. They are not airy fairy things that you answer “sort-of” to. As a business owner, you need sales goals at the very least.
3. Determine how you are going to network, build your list and attract more traffic to your online business or your bricks and mortar location. Traffic, list building and your platform are the keys to conversion rate (how many people buy your products or services) and, if you don’t have enough, you will not hit your sales goals.
4. Find an accountability program, coach or group to be part of. The funny thing is, when I launched The Social Business Academy, the first thing people asked is “Will we still have a private forum on Facebook?”. If you are a business owner, you need to be surrounded by like-minded people to keep you energized and focused on your goals. And, if you are a creative type like me, you need accountability to get things done – hence the program or coach. This is the ultimate way to fast track your results if you are serious about growing your business.
5. Map out time in your calendar for yourself. Most people start a business because they want freedom, and then they fail to create any freedom for themselves. Instead, they create a job rather than a business and work themselves to death. By planning time in your calendar and working with someone to hold you accountable, you will see not only a shift in your business but also in your life.
6. Get clear on all the things you need to measure for progress and make a point of scheduling time to look at those numbers once a month. It kills me to hear about people who waited until the end of the year to see how they did. That is not how you run a business. Your financial acumen, ability to read, interpret and strategize your business results is imperative.
7. Reverse engineer those goals and objectives. Take a look at each one, break it apart and identify what action you need to take in order to make it happen. Then, set quarterly milestones so you do not get overwhelmed by all there is to do in your business.
8. Take time to read, learn and invest in yourself. We have all heard the expression “Work ON your business, not IN your business” and the only way you, as the leader of your business, can become a better leader, strategist and visionary is to work on yourself first.
9. Take a look at your brand – the brand of you, and your business. Make a plan to behave in the manner that you wish others to perceive you starting immediately. Do not minimize the importance of brand and personal appearance. We make impressions on others all the time by the way we look. Dress your best, and take time for proper grooming. It does make a difference. The same is true for the impressions you make on Social Media sites. Are you positive, upbeat and acting as a leader? Or, are you getting caught up in the negative and diminishing the brand of you without even realizing it?
10. Blog, if you don’t already. Blogging is one of the best ways to share new information with your list, and to position yourself as a thought leader. Learn all the different ways to blog, vlog, and leverage that content into other areas of your business.
One of the reasons I love what I do so much is I walk the talk that I teach my clients. I will be teaching people how to do these things and more in The Social Business Academy. The Academy is the perfect place for entrepreneurs who are passionate about learning to ignite success in their business.
What other ways do you create success at the start of a new year?